Minneapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyers
For most of us, the practice of medicine is a mystery. We seek out medical attention when we are sick because beyond the basics, we don’t know have the skills or abilities to treat a serious medical condition. Instead, we rely on medical professionals with advanced education and training to know what to do.
This system works great until something goes wrong. If we don’t get better, if we get worse, or if we suffer some additional injury or infection while in the hospital, how can we know if the doctors, nursing staff and hospital did everything correctly and did everything they were supposed to do in managing our care? When things do go wrong, hospital staff might not be quick to admit their mistakes, and they might even go out of their way to disguise their error as an unavoidable outcome rather than the result of avoidable negligence.
When you question whether you were harmed by medical malpractice at a Minneapolis hospital or doctor’s office, turn to the attorneys at Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC. Our legal team knows the steps to take to find out what happened, identify any responsible parties, and hold them accountable for the harm done. We have a record of success that includes record-breaking verdicts and settlements for medical malpractice and birth injury victims, including securing the largest birth injury medical malpractice verdict in U.S. history. In the past ten years, WVFK&N has obtained over $500,000,000 worth of settlements and verdicts for medical malpractice and birth injury victims. Our Minneapolis medical malpractice lawyers are serious about doing our very best for our clients in every case.
Comprehensive Minneapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice is the term applied to an injury or harm caused when a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional fails to practice with the same degree of skill and care expected of other professionals in the same field in the Minneapolis community with the same level of training and education. Our firm takes on cases involving all forms of medical negligence, including leading causes such as:
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis: One of the most frequent complaints. A patient’s condition might deteriorate if they are not diagnosed correctly or in a timely manner.
- Surgical Errors: These can range from operating on the wrong body part to leaving surgical instruments inside a patient.
- Medication Errors: Overdosing, underdosing, or prescribing the wrong medication can have dire consequences.
- Childbirth Injuries: Medical negligence during childbirth can lead to injuries like cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or even fetal injuries.
- Failure to Treat: If a medical professional dismisses a patient’s symptoms or doesn’t provide adequate treatment, the patient’s health can be jeopardized.
- Hospital Infections and Bedsores
- Laboratory Errors
- Medication Errors
- Pharmacy Mistakes
- Radiologist Errors
We investigate every case thoroughly and work with medical experts to determine when doctors failed to apply the appropriate standard of care and when that failure is linked to an injury that could have been prevented. We build a strong case proving liability so we are ready to negotiate a full and fair settlement or take the case to court if a jury verdict is needed to get justice for our clients. This is our focus at WVFK&N; it is something we have done time and again and continue to do every day.
Expertise in Minneapolis Birth Injury Cases
A young couple’s dream of a lifetime quickly becomes a nightmare when something goes wrong in the birthing room. At the very least, a newborn baby suffers needless trauma and pain, adding extra days in the hospital at a significant financial cost and immeasurable emotional toll. At the worst, babies enter the world saddled with a lifelong physical or cognitive disability or disfigurement, and in the worst cases of all, medical malpractice during labor or delivery results in the death of a mother or child. Even in America in the 21st Century, nearly 20,000 infants die every year from a number of different causes. Birth injuries are not always preventable, but far too often they occur because doctors or nurses take too long to identify maternal or fetal distress or make a decision such as calling for a c-section, or they apply too much force or take too long to deliver the baby. Our team at WVFK&N takes on the most serious and significant cases of birth injury malpractice in Minneapolis. We’ll find out what went wrong and why, and we’ll work to hold all responsible parties fully accountable for the harm they have caused.
Steps to Take After Suspecting Medical Malpractice in Minnesota
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Before anything else, ensure you or your loved one receives appropriate care to correct or treat the issue.
- Documentation: Maintain a detailed record of the medical treatments, conversations, and all associated expenses.
- Request Medical Records: In Minnesota, patients have the right to access their medical records, which can provide evidence of negligence.
- Consult with a Specialist: A second opinion can confirm or refute suspicions of negligence.
- Contact a Medical Malpractice Attorney: Minnesota laws concerning medical malpractice can be intricate. An attorney who specializes in medical malpractice will guide you, ensuring your rights are protected, and advise you on whether you have a valid claim.
- Report the Incident: While not mandatory, you might consider reporting the negligence to the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. This body is responsible for licensing and regulating medical professionals in the state.
Popular Hospitals in Minneapolis
Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC): As one of the most extensive teaching hospitals in the region, HCMC offers comprehensive medical services to a vast patient population.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital: A part of the Allina Health system, this hospital has achieved national acclaim for its medical services but has faced malpractice cases in the past.
University of Minnesota Medical Center: As a teaching hospital, it handles complex cases and, while offering exceptional services, is not unfamiliar with medical malpractice claims.
Call WVFK&N for Help With Medical Malpractice or Birth Injuries in Minneapolis
If you or a loved one has been harmed by medical malpractice in Minneapolis, or if you’ve lost a beloved family member to a medical mistake or birth injury negligence that shouldn’t have happened, call Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC at 612-473-0905 for a confidential consultation. Your call is free, and there’s no fee until after we recover compensation on your behalf. You deserve answers. Let our Minneapolis medical malpractice lawyers help you find out what went wrong and seek justice and accountability for any inexcusable medical errors.