Robert S. Lewis
An associate with the firm, Robert almost exclusively represents children with severe birth injuries who have tragically suffered as a result of obstetrical or neonatal malpractice. Robert is licensed to practice in Maryland and Oregon, and has been instrumental in obtaining settlements or verdicts in excess of $50,000,000 on behalf of his clients in ten states and districts across the country.
Prior to joining the firm in 2015, Robert graduated with a degree in Economics from the University of Maryland. He worked in Washington, D.C. for five years in the area of corporate foreign currency trading, and then moved to Guangdong Province, China to teach at Zhanjiang University.
Robert then returned to Maryland and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2014. While attending law school, he interned in the District Court of Maryland, served as Recent Developments Editor for the University of Baltimore Law Forum, obtained a certificate in meditation skills pursuant to Title 17 of the Maryland Rules, and was employed as a law clerk at a large plaintiffs firm in Baltimore. Robert was then hired as an associate at that firm, and remained there until joining Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC.
Robert is admitted to practice in the courts of the State of Maryland and State of Oregon, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. In addition to advocating on behalf of his clients in Maryland and Oregon, he has practiced on a pro hac vice basis in Michigan, Tennessee, North Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, Georgia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Washington, D.C., has assisted in appellate issues in West Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota, Alabama, and Ohio, and has briefed cases before the Appellate Court of Maryland and Supreme Court of Maryland. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Maryland Association for Justice, and the Maryland State Bar Association.
Mr. Lewis can be reached at (410) 998-3600 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, May 2014
- University of Maryland, B.A. in Economics, May 2005
Bar Admissions and Organizations
- Supreme Court of Maryland
- Supreme Court of the State of Oregon
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
Awards and Recognitions
- Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”
- Baltimore Magazine “Rising Stars”
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers
- Recent Development: Nickens v. Mount Vernon Realty Grp., LLC, 43 U. Balt. L.F. 170 (2013).
- Kiriakos v. Phillips: Maryland’s Evolution on Social Host Liability, Trial Reporter Magazine (2016)