Kieran Murphy is an associate attorney at Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, L.L.C., with a national practice focused on representing victims of birth injuries and neonatal injuries. He is licensed and admitted to practice law in Maryland, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. He has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in Illinois and Georgia as well. He has been and remains responsible for the day-to-day management and handling of numerous cases that have recovered and are worth millions of dollars. Kieran has extensive courtroom experience and has handled trials and oral arguments before trial and appellate courts as sole counsel numerous times throughout his career. Despite being a young attorney, Kieran has been and is regularly commended by judges, magistrates, and opposing attorneys for his courtroom demeanor, his trial presentation, his preparation, and his cross-examination skills.
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury
Kieran has been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for his litigation skills and trial practice and as one of the National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 40 Under 40” trial attorneys. Throughout his career, Kieran has been asked by judges and fellow attorneys to consult and present on issues related to the rules of civil procedure and the rules of evidence.
Before working in private practice, Kieran also served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge John P. Davey in the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County, where he regularly conducted legal research on issues related to medical malpractice litigation, civil procedure, and the rules of evidence. During his clerkship, Kieran regularly observed court proceedings, including jury trials, bench trials, and motions hearings, and is intimately familiar with courtroom practice and procedure.
Kieran is a graduate of the University of Baltimore’s School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Kieran participated in the Community Development Clinic, where he represented non-profit organizations and small businesses. For his work in the Community Development Clinic, Kieran was given the Clinical Excellence Award, which is awarded for excellence in advocacy and professional judgment in clinical work. This honor is awarded to only two students out of the over two hundred who participate in clinical programs every year. During his time in law school, Kieran also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Land and Development, an academic journal.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
- Seton Hall University, B.A., in Political Science, minor in Legal Studies in Business, Cum Laude, 2011
Accolades & Memberships
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Clinical Excellence Award
- University of Baltimore Journal of Land and Development, Editor-in-Chief
- Political Science Honor Society (ΠΣΑ
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Constitutional Corporatism: The Public Use Clause as a Means of Corporate Welfare, 2 U. Balt. J. Land & Dev., 91 (2013)
- Good Standing with SDAT, The People’s Law Library of Maryland (January 8, 2014), http://www.peoples-law.org/node/9143.