Minneapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you were harmed by medical negligence at a Minneapolis hospital or doctor’s office, turn to the attorneys at Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC. Our legal team knows the steps to take to find out what happened, identify any responsible parties, and hold them accountable for the harm done. We have a record of success that includes record-breaking verdicts and settlements for medical malpractice and birth injury victims, including securing the largest birth injury medical malpractice verdict in U.S. history. In the past ten years, WVFK&N has obtained over $500,000,000 worth of settlements and verdicts for medical malpractice and birth injury victims. Our skilled Minneapolis medical malpractice lawyers have the experience to take on any case.
- Birth Injury
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Delayed Diagnosis
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Heart Attack
- Failure To Diagnose Stroke
- Heart Attack Error
- Hospital Bedsores
- Hospital Infection
- IV Infiltration
- Kidney Dialysis Error
- Laboratory Error
- Medical Device Error
- Medication & Pharmaceutical Error
- Radiologist Error
Understanding Medical Malpractice Incidents in Minneapolis
Medical malpractice in Minneapolis, much like other places, can range from errors in diagnosis to severe surgical blunders. Common scenarios include:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnoses.
- Incorrect surgical procedures.
- Medication and prescription mistakes.
- Inappropriate or ineffective treatment.
- Errors during childbirth.
The Process of Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Minnesota
If you suspect you’ve fallen victim to medical negligence:
- Seek Medical Care: Ensure you’ve received the right treatment to address your current health concerns.
- Document Everything: Gather all pertinent medical records, bills, and any related documents.
- Statute of Limitations: In Minnesota, the general rule is that you have four years from the date of the malpractice to file a lawsuit. However, nuances exist, making it imperative to consult with legal counsel.
- Medical Expert Requirement: Minnesota law often requires an expert review or affidavit to validate the claim of malpractice.
- Determine Damages: This can range from direct economic damages like medical expenses to non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
Potential Compensation in Malpractice Cases
In Minnesota, compensation can vary widely based on the specifics of the incident. While there is no statutory cap on damages in medical malpractice cases, it’s crucial to note that compensation should correlate to the extent of injury and loss. Economic damages such as lost wages and medical bills are often easier to quantify, while non-economic damages require a more nuanced approach.
Contact Our Experienced Minneapolis Medical Malpractice Lawyers Today
- Extensive Experience: With their broad experience handling medical malpractice cases, they can bring a unique perspective and expertise to Minneapolis residents.
- Tailored Strategy: Recognizing the individuality of each case, their team crafts a strategic approach to maximize compensation.
- Expert Network: Their vast network, including medical professionals, can bolster your case with crucial testimonies.
- Staunch Advocacy: The team is deeply committed to ensuring victims of medical malpractice obtain justice.
Navigating the tumultuous waters of medical malpractice in Minneapolis becomes less overwhelming with a trusted ally like Wais, Vogelstein, Forman, Koch & Norman, LLC, ensuring victims and their families are not alone in their quest for justice. Contact our experienced Minneapolis medical malpractice attorneys today, we can help.